Porcelain & Composite Veneers
in Tucson, AZ
Are you unhappy with certain aspects of your smile? If so, veneers may be the perfect solution for you! Veneers have the power to provide small smile touch-ups and dramatic transformations to help turn a patient’s dream smile into a reality. We want our patients to be able to enjoy the benefits of great oral health and smile confidence! Please contact our office to schedule your in-person exam and veneers consultation!Contact Us
What Are Veneers?
Veneers are thin shells made out of composite resin or porcelain that are bonded to the front side of teeth. Our expert veneers dentist, Dr. Raymond will work with you to design the shape, size, color, and length of your veneers to help you achieve your ideal smile. Wondering if veneers are a good option for you? Veneers can be used to correct a variety of tooth imperfections. They can:
- Alter the Shape of Teeth
- Close Small Gaps Between Teeth
- Cover Cracked, Chipped, or Misshapen Teeth
- Give Teeth a More Uniform Appearance
- Lengthen Short Teeth
- Whiten Severely Discolored Teeth
Before and After Veneers
The Differences Between Composite Resin & Porcelain Veneers
Composite Resin Veneers
Composite resin veneers are a great, affordable option for teens and young adults to improve the appearance of their smiles in nearly any way that they can imagine. The benefits of composite veneers are:
- Affordable–They are a budget-friendly alternative to porcelain veneers.
- Fast–We can fabricate your composite resin veneers in a single visit.
- Easy to Repair—It’s easier to fix chipped or damaged resin than porcelain.
- Conserve Tooth Structure—Composite resin veneers require less enamel removal.
- Leave Options Open—Since minimal tooth structure is removed, teens and young adults can start with composite resin and get porcelain veneers down the road.
Porcelain veneers set the standard for maximum esthetics and are made from durable, high-quality dental ceramics. Benefits of porcelain veneers include:
- Esthetics—the veneers are fabricated by a master ceramist who takes the time to make them perfect. Since the ceramist is using models of your teeth to fabricate the veneers in a lab, you spend less time in the dental chair.
- Temporary veneers are worn for approximately two to three weeks, and allows time to ensure you love the fit, feel, and design of your new smile before committing to the final porcelain veneers.
- Easy to Maintain—Porcelain is extremely stain resistant, which means follow-up tooth-polishing appointments are not necessary.
- Durable—Porcelain is a more durable and chip-resistant material compared to composite resin. On average, it is even stronger than natural tooth enamel.
- Long-Lasting—Composite veneers last 3-10 years on average while porcelain veneers can last 10-30+ years with proper care.
- Permanence—With porcelain veneers, you can enjoy the benefits of your brand new smile now and for many years to come.
Choosing a Material for Your Veneers
We understand that there are a lot of things to consider when choosing between composite resin and porcelain. Don’t stress! Our knowledgeable team and Dr. Raymond will guide you through every step of the process, including helping you choose which material is best for your smile needs, lifestyle, and budget. Both options will give you that picture-perfect smile you’re looking for, so get in touch with our office to get started on your smile transformation!Schedule Your Consultation